This ad is expired.
Student Success Coach
Company: Shorter College
Job Title:Student Success Coach
Start Date:Upon completion of Drug Test and Background Checks
Location: North Little Rock, AR
Salary Expectations: Commensurate with education and experience
Work Schedule: 40 hours a week
SUMMARY, ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A Student Success Coach is responsible for keeping up with the activities of each student within a given case load through regular meetings, while maintaining a detailed case file for each student. These activities include but are not be limited to:
- Checking class attendance and monitoring compliance with policies and assignments.
- Coaches will meet with each student on a regular basis and call, email, etc., the student if he/she misses class, Chapel or an appointment, in an attempt to intervene as soon as possible.
- Coaches will monitor the grades of each student and recommend for tutoring those who are falling behind in their studies.
- Coaches will assess each student's life situation and identify any barriers to success, while providing support to each student by identifying programs, agencies and/or services available to assist students in addressing these barriers and connecting students with the appropriate programs, agencies and/or services.
- Coaches will continuously monitor the progress of students through these programs, agencies and/or services and make recommendations as to the effectiveness of these programs, agencies and/or services.
- Coaches will recommend whether or not to continue with certain of these programs, agencies and/or services.
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience working with students in an advisory role. Knowledge of the college experience and able to help student navigate college life. Strong problem-solving skills to develop action plans to address student issues. Able to counsel and advise in a compassionate and empathetic way.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's Degree and case management or counseling experience is required. Must have the ability to relate to a wide range of student personalities from a various backgrounds.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend instructions; write correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees and students.Must have excellent communication skills.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Not Applicable
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Not Applicable
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Works in an office setting on a college campus.
REQUIRED TESTING: Alcohol and Drug Test; Background Check
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants may submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or Mail to: 604 Locust Street, North Little Rock AR, 72214
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency