Student Services Manager-Disability Resources
Job ID: 314959
Location: Paradise Valley Community Coll
$59,694 - $77,603/annually, DOE
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
Summer Hours: Monday - Thursday, 7am-6pm
Are you looking for a place to work where you can make a real difference in the lives of over 200,000 college students every year?
Would you like to be part of an organization that adds $7.2 billion dollars to the economy and supports nearly 100,000 jobs in the fastest growing county in the United States?
Whether you're teaching, working, or learning Make It Happen At Maricopa County Community Colleges!
What's Currently Happening at Maricopa
- Many of our campuses have received grant awards through the National Science Foundation to improve undergraduate STEM Education: Hispanic-Serving institutions program (HSI Program).
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity and employee groups to create an environment of shared governance
- One of the largest community college systems in the country
- 2020 Healthy Arizona Worksites Program recipient
- Named 19th Best Employer for Women by Forbes
- 2019 No. 42 in Arizona's Best Employers
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is committed to providing you with a competitive, comprehensive benefits program that provides the care you and your family need to lead healthy and productive lives. Our benefits are designed to provide support for every life stage and lifestyle in our community.
Benefits & Perks Options
- Paid observed federal holidays & additional paid time off throughout the year
- Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) & 12% Employee Contribution Match
- Paid vacation, sick, and personal time (if applicable)
- Multiple health and dental insurance coverage plans
- Teladoc: Reach a doctor 24/7
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Maricopa Perks & Gears Discount Program
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- $4,000 Annual professional development growth funding (if applicable)
- Tuition reimbursement for employee and dependents (if applicable)
- Revised summer work schedule
- Maricopa Employee Health & Wellness Program
- Employee recognition opportunities
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- This position is contingent upon campus operations, funding, and work being available.
- The start date may be subject to modification based on COVID-19 and related public health restrictions.
Paradise Valley Community College (PVCC) is a Learning Centered College that supports a diverse and inclusive environment where mutual respect, equity and understanding and incorporating views from dissimilar frames of reference are encouraged and valued. Please review PVCC's track record and join us on our continued path of student success.
PVCC's Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: As a college we embrace equity, engagement, inclusion and innovation. We seek to continuously improve our campus through diverse identities, expertise and perspectives. We are committed to creating engaging relationships that inspire and support all learners to increase their capacity for personal growth and positive social change. PVCC provides access to these opportunities in a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive environment for all our students, employees, and community members.
Paradise Valley Community College is seeking to hire a student-centered, passionate and committed Student Affairs Manager for Disability Resources and Services. This position directs the support services and resources for students with disabilities to ensure equal access as identified under section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act and the ADA Amendments Act. The student services manager is responsible for the evaluation of medical and psychological documentation to provide appropriate accommodations for students. This position will be responsible for the routine evaluation of services provided to the student population, and routinely work with faculty to assist with individual programs, services and technology needs of the individual student. The person selected for this position will demonstrate a commitment to service excellence, innovation, student success, integrity, and diversity, equity and inclusion in the performance of job duties.
35% Assists students with identifying and implementing individualized plan of study; implements reasonable and appropriate accommodations based on documentation of disability provided by qualified diagnosticians; evaluates medical and other documentation to determine qualifying status of students with disabilities requesting reasonable accommodations; provides accommodations, support services and auxiliary aids; works closely with faculty/staff to ensure administration of accommodations in a timely, appropriate and efficient manner; utilizes DRS Connect effectively to monitor student accommodations and communicate with students/ faculty.
25% Manages the DRS department responsible for the individual programs, services and technology for disabled students; evaluates assistive technology and other resources; maintains student confidentiality while coordinating the student's accommodations; hires, supervises and trains staff; active member of the Student Affairs Leadership Team contributing to retaining, recruiting and engaging students to succeed at PVCC. Utilizes data to understand, assess and advocate for student needs.
20% Provides in-service training for faculty, staff, administrators and students; responds to inquiries requiring a detailed knowledge of policies and procedures of assigned area; establishes liaison between the colleges and community agencies; serves on Disability Managers Council; serves on college and District committees; provides information sessions and introduction orientations to disability services for new students and the greater campus community
15% Follows, understands and adheres to legal regulations/laws/policies (state, local, institutional) disability regulations such as Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the ADA Amendments Act; tracks and monitors federal grants; prepares and monitors department budget and other related budgets; collects and compiles data for federal and state reports
5% Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution in education, sociology, business administration or related field and five years of progressively responsible student services or related experience that includes such things as administration of policies and procedures, program oversight and two years of supervisory experience.
An equivalent combination of the conferred degree and directly related full-time work experience as described above sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation, may be considered.
Special Working Conditions
- Possession of a valid State of Arizona Class D Driver's License is required; employee must meet district minimum standards regarding driving:
- Travel to campus during interview/selection process will be at candidate's own expense
- MCCCD does not sponsor individuals for any type of work visas
- Will be required to work off site or in a remote status
- Will be required to travel or be assigned to all MCCCD locations
- May require numerous evenings or weekends
- May require prolonged periods of viewing a computer screen
- May be required to lift or carry up to #25 lbs.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume showing how the applicant meets the minimum and desired qualifications with specific examples. All minimum requirements must be met at the time of the application.
Additional materials will not be accepted after the job posting has closed.
Missing materials or incomplete employment history will not be considered.
Please ensure your materials clearly provide the following information. On the resume, Indicate full-time or part-time for all employment.
- Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this position.
- Indicate whether former or current employment is Full-Time or;
- Part-Time employment, to include Adjunct or Associate Professor (must include number of hours worked, contact hours or load)
- Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07 to 10/11) including job title, job duties, for each position held and name of employer for each position.
- Provide a list of three professional references, preferably current and/or former supervisors.
Posting Close Date
Open until Filled
- First Review on Tuesday, May 4, 2021
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, states: "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."
The policy of the MCCCD is to provide an educational, employment, and business environment free of gender discrimination. Incidents of misconduct should be reported to the college Title IX Coordinator, as outlined in policy, contact information is available at this link Title IX Coordinators.
The Clery Act is a Federal law requiring United States Colleges and Universities to disclose information about crime on and around their campuses. Crime reporting data for each of the Maricopa Community Colleges, as required under the Clery Act, is available at this link Clery Act
To apply, visit https://jobs.maricopa.edu/psp/MCPAHPRD/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1000&JobOpeningId=314959&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency