This ad is expired.
Service and Repair Assistant (HVAC-R)
Job no: 496754
SUNY Budget Title: Service & Repair Assnt HVAC-R
Salary Level/Grade: SG009
Work type: Full time
Location: Brockport, NY
Department: Facilities HVAC
Categories: Facilities Maintenance & Skilled Trade
Founded in 1835, State University of New York (SUNY) Brockport is an exceptional regional comprehensive public university that offers high-quality undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the arts, business, education, health, humanities, social sciences, and STEM. The University's curriculum is grounded in the liberal arts and sciences and emphasizes experiential learning.
Located only a few miles from Lake Ontario in a quaint "Village on the Erie Canal," SUNY Brockport is conveniently situated between the cities of Rochester and Buffalo - the fourth and second largest cities in New York State. Inspiring excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation is our mission. Join the inclusive community of dedicated faculty, staff, and students who together are Building a Better Brockport!
SUNY Brockport has a strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuality and encourage you to utilize your unique talents and bring your skills as we collaboratively strive to build meaningful lives and vibrant communities.
Service & Repair Assistant (HVAC-R) performs routine inspections and servicing of several types of heating, refrigeration, and air-conditioning equipment in a state facility.
- Performs the more routine and repetitive tasks in the inspection, maintenance and repair of refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment, typically under the supervision of a Refrigeration Mechanic.
- Operates and maintains campus utility systems including chillers, cooling towers, HVAC equipment, energy management systems, ice rink, Zamboni machinery and associated equipment.
- Performs basic water treatment chemistry for glycol, chilled water, and condenser water systems.
- Performs routine maintenance and repair of boilers, heating systems and auxiliary equipment. Work on all chilled water systems and all chillers.
- Troubleshoots and repairs pumps, fans and pneumatic/DDC controls.
- Locates and seals leaks in gas and brine units, removes air from lines, and replaces with proper refrigerant.
- Brazes, solders, and performs other basic water and refrigerant piping repair methods.
- Assists with seasonal preventative and predictive maintenance activities to help ensure efficient operation and prevent equipment damage during the winter.
- Ability to operate a variety of hand and power tools, diagnostic equipment, and motorized equipment.
- Climb, stoop, and perform moderate to heavy lifting.
- Work from ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment, including bucket trucks and scissor lifts.
- Work in confined spaces and trench excavations as needed while also using personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Work within our computerized maintenance management and refrigeration compliance management systems.
- Ability to work in a diverse, collaborative environment. Has good people skills, good customer service attitude and is able to collaborate closely with other team members.
- Follow verbal instructions and reads written instructions.
- Possession of a 7G cooling tower applicator certification or must be able to obtain in first year of hire.
- Work both scheduled and unscheduled overtime as needed, to support the campus community.
- Must be able to obtain Operations and Maintenance certification for asbestos removal.
Non-competitive: two years of experience in heating, plumbing, steam-fitting, electrical, air-conditioning or refrigeration work, under the supervision of a journey level tradesperson, or completion of a two-year technical school course in heating, refrigeration or air-conditioning.
Must possess a valid New York State driver's license appropriate for the type of vehicle to be operated.
Work Schedule: 40 hours/week; Monday-Friday; 7:00am - 3:30pm
Salary and Benefits:
May be benefits eligible; Find out more about benefits at Careers@Brockport! This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Application Instructions: Submit your application, cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references at jobs.hr.brockport.edu .
Background Investigation Statement:
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment background check.
Pre-Employment Drug Testing:
Pre-employment drug test and DOT physical may be required for positions requiring a valid Class A or B CDL driver's license with passenger endorsement.
New York State Executive Order:
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
Non-Discrimination Statement/Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
SUNY Brockport does not discriminate. SUNY Brockport is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, or criminal conviction. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the university community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law, or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.
SUNY Brockport is committed to creating and maintaining an equitable environment that welcomes, values, and supports individuals and communities who affirm human dignity. The University provides opportunities for engagement, learning, growth, and transformation to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive institution.
SUNY Brockport provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities, veterans, or wounded warriors where appropriate. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Office of Human Resources or email your request to Tamara Gouger, AVP for Human Resources and ADA Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Determinations or requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The University actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the University.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.brockport.edu/cw/en-us/job/496754/service-and-repair-assistant-hvacr
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency