Senior Special Programs Coordinator - Diversity Engagement Officer
Bristol Community College
About Bristol Community College:
Join the Bristol community for work and life!
Bristol Community College (Bristol) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! Bristol is one of the largest employers in the South Coast region and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment with a rich diversity of beliefs, cultures, languages, abilities, and lifestyles. Committed to enriching its educational experience through a supportive community, Bristol actively encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply and achieve our vision to change the world by changing lives, learner by learner. Our employees work collaboratively across the college to ensure the practice of shared governance and transparency in helping to move the college towards comprehensive, innovative solutions, and to empower and meet the needs of our always evolving Bristol community. If you share a passion for helping a diverse student body succeed and enjoy a fast-paced, inclusive, and gratifying work environment, Bristol is the employer for you!
As a Commonwealth of Massachusetts employer, Bristol offers benefitted employees a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life, long-term disability, retirement, flexible spending, and paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holiday pay). Tuition waiver discounts for Bristol and the Commonwealth's public higher education institutions are available for benefitted positions and certain non-benefited positions. Non-benefited positions are eligible for a retirement fund, paid time off (sick pay), as well as savings plans (available to all non-student employees). More information can be found on our Benefits website.
POSITION TITLE: Senior Special Programs Coordinator - Diversity Engagement Officer
DEPARTMENT: Multicultural Affairs
REPORTS TO: Director of Multicultural Affairs
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Senior Special Programs Coordinator - Diversity Engagement Officer will work closely with the Director of Multicultural Affairs and leadership within Student Services and Enrollment Management area to continuously evaluate and improve on effective strategies in strengthening Bristol Community College's commitment to recruitment and engagement of our diverse student populations, with a preliminary focus on those who identify themselves as Black Indigenous People of Color (BIPOC).
In collaboration with the Admissions Office, the Senior Special Programs Coordinator - Diversity Engagement Officer will be responsible for representing and promoting Bristol's learning opportunities to prospective and current students, parents, school districts, community agencies and partners. This role will be critical for the college to meet its overall strategic enrollment goals; while providing leadership in the development and implementation of recruitment and retention strategies targeting students of color and those from varying intersectional populations including, but not limited to, veterans, LGBTQi+, first generation students, and students with disabilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advance Bristol's visibility among communities of color and underrepresented populations; prioritizing the Black, African American, Cape Verdean, and Latinx populations; by creating and/or seeking opportunities to engage these potential students and their families.
- Cultivate partnerships and pipeline relationships with BIPOC community and educational leaders in cities, public and private school districts, faith organizations, education access/equity agencies, community-based organizations and corporate and non-profit agencies or organizations, among other opportunities in the community not previously listed.
- Serve as a college liaison with community equity/access organizations advancing higher education opportunities for historically underrepresented students.
- Coordinate with Admissions staff, Director of Multicultural Affairs, Diversity & Title IX Officer, Director of Student & Family Engagement, and other college representatives to ensure Bristol representation at key diversity driven events, socials, and meetings in greater Bristol County.
- Partner with College Access to explore and establish recruitment opportunities and pathways for underrepresented student populations participating in Dual Enrollment, CVTE and Early College programs.
- Serve as the primary point of contact in the Admissions office for inquiries, applicants and admitted BIPOC students and various intersections of underrepresented populations, facilitating the onboarding transition from admissions to other college resources via the enrollment process such as financial aid, advising, and student and family engagement.
- Host intentional admission appointments for students from assigned underrepresented groups interested in attending Bristol.
- Coordinate with Admissions Coordinators to host campus tours and information sessions with a focus on serving students of color and underrepresented populations through these activities.
- Conduct outreach to prospective and incomplete applicants of color and underrepresented populations, notifying them of their next steps for enrollment at Bristol.
- Conduct transfer credit evaluations for students admitted to Bristol with previous college coursework.
- In collaboration with Marketing & Communications, research, develop and maintain contact lists for potentially innovative marketing and recruitment channels, partnerships, and outreach for non-traditional BIPOC and underrepresented students.
- Establish and support relationships with community-based organizations within Bristol county and surrounding regions that harbor business and partnerships with the Black, African American, Cape Verdean, and Latinx communities.
- Participate in the planning and execution of on- and off-campus recruitment events, including but not limited to lead programming design for Bristol's Family Nights for BIPOC students.
- Analyze data, author summary/monthly reports, and recommend future actions to the Director of Multicultural Affairs.
- Make recommendations to develop and sustain a multicultural recruitment plan in collaboration with the Director of Multicultural Affairs and the Director of Admissions.
- Serve on campus committees to raise awareness and add insight regarding barriers that affect the recruitment of local students of color and/or underrepresented populations.
- Serve as a representative of Bristol in professional development associations committed to diversity and inclusion.
Perform other duties as assigned, consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
- Minimum of a Master's degree in Education, Counseling, Psychology, Business Administration, Marketing, Education Administration, or other field related to area of assignment. *
- Minimum of three years of experience and/or training involving area of assignment, which may include business management, program/project management, grant administration, budget development, community relations, curriculum development, education, counseling, substance abuse, non-traditional student services, or public assistance programs. *
- * An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience shall be considered.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications, student information systems, customer relationship management software, and reporting databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Reliable transportation to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as required.
- The ability to work in the evenings and some weekends as required.
- Demonstrated experience presenting and speaking at large and small gatherings.
- The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
- Minimum of three years of student recruitment experience at a higher education institution.
- Demonstrated professional experience at a community college.
- Demonstrated experience recruiting and/or working with students from BIPOC, veterans, LGBTQi+, first generation, and students with disabilities. This includes other non-traditional students and recent high school graduates.
- Robust understanding and demonstrated insight into the inclusion of access, equity, and student success practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge and consistent experience in using varied social media outlets on behalf of a business or organization that has proven to increase the digital footprint of the organization's brand.
- Experience with Banner, Argos, and/or Slate.
- The ability to speak a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is an MCCC/MTA, full time, unit position with benefits.
SALARY: $59,244 - $69,628 Labor Grade - 5 - actual salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience and in accordance with the MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the "Apply" button. The position will be open to applicants for 30 days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
ABOUT BRISTOL COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). Bristol has core values rooted in student success and lifelong learning. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol's Economic & Business Development area provides business solutions for organizations of all sizes and offers customized courses for individuals seeking educational and career pathways, including high school equivalency and English language proficiency programs. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts with locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton. Each location has something unique to offer from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and arts in downtown New Bedford, the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus. From city life to seaside, our locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, and Block Island.
To apply, please visit: https://bristolcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=131025
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency