This ad is expired.
Residential Education Specialist 3
The Residence Life Office is looking for a dynamic and energetic individual to join the team. Penn State and Residence Life is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. The Residence Life Office is committed to the development of a safe and inclusive living-learning community that fosters academic, social, cultural, and personal growth. We strive to enable residents to develop respect and responsibility for themselves and their community.
The Assistant Director of Residence Life is a vital part of the team in helping to continue the vision and mission of the department. They are responsible to an Associate Director of Student Affairs for supervising a staff of up 3 professional staff members and 1 part-time coordinator, as well as overseeing the daily activities of buildings housing up to 700 students. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Directing, supervising, and administering the student personnel and residence life functions for a residence hall community housing
- Professional staff supervision
- Program development and coordination
- Policy development and implementation
- Professional and paraprofessional staff selection and training
- Budget development and oversight
- Collaborate with various offices to ensure each resident is receiving a high quality living experience
- Represent residence life in student affairs, campus and system-wide residence life committees, as appropriate
- Serve as primary contact between campus residence life and Central residence life offices
- Educate students on residence hall and university policies and serve as hearing officer for on-campus discipline cases
- Manage crisis situations and serve in on-call rotation
Typically requires a Master's degree or higher in related discipline plus two years of related experience or equivalent combination of experience and education. Must demonstrate a commitment to the development of a community where diversity and sustainability are valued. Should possess thorough understanding of the role and purpose of residence hall living as it applies to student development. Driver's license preferred. If operating a University vehicle for this position, candidate will be required to successfully complete a motor vehicle records check. Full Penn State benefits included. This is a standing 12-month live-on appointment.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/Penn-State-Harrisburg/Residential-Education-Specialist-3_REQ_0000018219-2
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency