- Residence Life and Student Activities Coordinator
- Go to our website »
Residence Life and Student Activities Coordinator
The Residence Life Office is looking for a dynamic and energetic individual to join the team. Penn State and Residence Life are committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. The Residence Life Office is committed to the development of a safe and inclusive living-learning community that fosters academic, social, cultural, and personal growth. We strive to enable residents to develop respect and responsibility for themselves and their community.
The Coordinator is a vital part of the team in helping to continue the vision and mission of the department. They are responsible to the Associate Director of Student Life for supervising and administering a Residence Life program and student activities and services focused on student engagement, community service, and diversity and inclusion programming. This creative individual will use technology to inform and engage students in the campus community. This integrated job brings student programming and community development together to involve students in the life of the campus.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Student Development and Residence Education:
- Assists with the planning, implementation, and evaluation of a residential curriculum for the area
- Assists with the development and implementation of campus-wide initiatives
- Advises student groups in the area
- Makes referrals to University agencies when appropriate
- Encourages student involvement in residential and University engagement opportunities
- Promotes area government
- Advocates for students by communicating their concerns and issues to the appropriate agency
- Advises individual students with academic, career, and personal concerns
- Interprets and enforces University and residence hall policies and procedures
- Mediates conflicts between and among students
- Assists with the daily operation and organization of the area and the area office
- Assists in promoting the safety and security of area residents
- Assists in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with Housing and Food Services, Safety and Security, New Student Programs, etc
- Provides on-call duty coverage
Student Services and Community Engagement:
- Demonstrates a commitment to students and the quality of their life in the residence hall environment
- Assists the student leaders in developing and promoting a positive living environment
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity and social justice issues
- Plans and implements curriculum in conjunction with student leaders and students
- Demonstrates a commitment to staff and student retention and recruitment efforts, particularly as they impact members of underrepresented groups
- Develops, markets, implements and assesses co-curricular, cultural, leadership, service and social oriented programming
- Oversees all aspects of recognized student organizations (RSOs) including but not limited to organization formation, fundraising requests and organization and adviser trainings
- Advises and/or co-advises RSOs such as Student Government Association and the Campus Programming Board
- Manages and promotes Campus Labs' Engage platform
- Manages administrative paperwork and serves on University and campus committees
- Participates in committees and task force groups
- Assists in the recruitment and training of professional staff
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals for the area and the residence hall system
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requires a Master's degree or higher. Master's degree or higher in Student Personnel/Counseling or related area preferred. Should possess thorough understanding of the role and purpose of residence hall living as it applies to student development and campus activities programming along with strong interpersonal skills, demonstrate follow-through, initiative, high-energy, and attention to detail. This position requires the following clearances: PA State Police Criminal Background Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, and Federal (FBI) Fingerprint Criminal Background Check. This position requires that you operate a motor vehicle as a part of your job duties. A valid driver's license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required in addition to standard background check. This is a live-in 83.3 FTE with mid-May to mid-July off. Full Penn State benefits included.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/Penn-State-Greater-Allegheny/Residence-Life-and-Student-Activities-Coordinator_REQ_0000043625-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency