Office Coordinator, Student Affairs
About College of the Holy Cross:
Founded in 1843 in Worcester, Massachusetts, the College of the Holy Cross is among the nation's leading liberal arts institutions. A highly selective, four-year, exclusively undergraduate college of 3,000 students, Holy Cross is renowned for offering a rigorous, personalized education in the Jesuit, Catholic tradition.
Holy Cross highly values the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community. To work at The College is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members, students, faculty and staff. The College's commitment to diversity is an important feature of the Holy Cross education. Informed by the presence of diverse interpretations of the human experience, Holy Cross is building a community marked by freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support our values of diversity and inclusiveness. Job candidates of all diverse backgrounds who embrace the open and inclusive culture of Holy Cross are welcome and encouraged to apply.
This position supports the Office of Student Affairs and contributes to overall policy and planning. This role is responsible for creating and revising systems and procedures, assembling and analyzing confidential information, and managing department records. The Office Coordinator may be responsible for attending meetings and coordinating follow-up actions. In addition, this role utilizes information systems in preparing reports and statistics, as well as conducts research and gathers information to support ongoing projects.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Reception: Answers central phone, responds to email from central student affairs account, orders and maintains office supplies, checks mail daily and distributes appropriately
- Calendars, scheduling, and individually-sponsored events: schedules appointments for Associate Dean of Students, Student Integrity, Case Manager, and Special Assistant staff upon request; makes room reservations using MYHC, catering; ensures room set-up prior to meetings; summer kick off, holiday party
- Travel (internal/external): assists with travel arrangements for Hogan 109 staff as appropriate; reconcile expenditures with pre-travel estimates; develops and maintains travel proposals and budget estimates process
- File management: Maintain files, correspondence, and copies for Hogan 109 staff as appropriate
- Judicial checks and Dean's Certification: Verify student standing upon request
- Commencement: Provides assistance to the VPSA Special Assistant as necessary, oversees commencement email account, budget reconciliation, purchase orders, assists with general commencement communications, responsible for coordinating Presidential Service Awards, reservations ordering of regalia, maintains Commencement webpage
- DesMarais Scholarship: Manage the application and selection process
- Maintains Student Affairs Website: Update as needed
- Marketing and communications: Provides assistance with divisional marketing efforts and social media. Sending materials, working with graphic arts and completing GA forms
- Professional development: attends and actively participates in divisional and college-wide professional development opportunities as appropriate; provides support for these events
- Parent & Family Program: Provides support as needed for the VPSA Special Assistant
- Assumes administrative support responsibilities in the absence of the office coordinator and/or the executive assistant; shadows others in order to be able to provide effective back-up
- Checking and sending out emails from Student Affairs email account regarding Commencement, & Student Integrity
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate Degree, 3-5 years of related experience.
- Technical Skills - Displays proficiency using standard office equipment such as a computer, fax, photocopier, scanner, etc.
- Proficient in all Microsoft suite applications including Google Drive, Google Docs & Forms, Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Access database structure, reporting and organizational chart creation.
- PeopleSoft financial system, Event Management System, Kronos time keeping, Adaptive Budgeting System, and Drupal experience preferred
To prevent the infection and spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, College of the Holy Cross requires that all successful applicants show proof of full vaccination by an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine before beginning employment, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted. Applicants believing they need an accommodation of this policy because of a disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or otherwise should inform Human Resources after an offer of employment is extended; please do not include any medical, genetic, or religious information on your application materials.
This is a full time, non-exempt level position.
The College of the Holy Cross is a private, Jesuit Catholic, undergraduate institution serving approximately 3,000 students. Founded in 1843, Holy Cross is the oldest Catholic college in New England and has a tradition of academic excellence. It is located atop Mount Saint James in Worcester, Massachusetts. The picturesque, 174-acre campus is an award-winning and registered arboretum.
Worcester is a city of approximately 170,000 people centrally located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. It is approximately one hour from Boston, Hartford, and Providence, and three hours from New York City. Worcester is known as the Heart of the Commonwealth. Worcester offers many cultural and recreational opportunities.
The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts laws concerning Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action in the workplace.
A member of the Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (HECCMA).
To review our Employee Benefit Options, please go to: click here.
Please attach a cover letter addressing the position requirements along with your resume.
In your cover letter please address how your work supports the College's mission as a Jesuit, undergraduate liberal arts college (see http://www.holycross.edu/mission) and its core commitment to diversity and inclusion. For more information, please visit
To apply, visit https://holycross.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=134321
The College of the Holy Cross is a highly selective Catholic liberal arts college in the Jesuit tradition. It enrolls about 3,000 students and is located in a medium-sized city 45 miles west of Boston. The College seeks faculty members whose scholarship, teaching, advising, and on- and off-campus service demonstrate commitment to the educational benefits of a richly diverse community. Holy Cross aspires to meet the needs of dual-career couples, in part through its membership in Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (http://www.heccma.org) and the New England Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (https://new-england.hercjobs.org/)
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency