COMPANY: Shorter College
Job Title: Director of Student Success
Department: Academic Affairs
Start Date: Upon completion of Drug Test and Background Checks
Location: North Little Rock, AR
Salary Expectations: Commensurate with Experience and Education
Work Schedule: 40 hours a week.
SUMMARY AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
The Director of Student Success is a full-time professional staff member who reports directly to the Associate Dean of Student Services. This position will closely collaborate with many departments on campus to ensure student retention at the college from receipt of the student deposit until graduation and, subsequently, ensuring that all alumni are productively employed throughout their professional career. In this role the Director of Student Success will develop and implement comprehensive research, communication, and mentoring programs that work cooperatively with students, alumni, and the business community. In addition, this position will manage the Student Success Coaches.
- Provide vision and leadership for an integrated set of units including New Student Orientation and Programming, the First Year Experience, the Sophomore Experience, and the Transfer Experience.
- Develop a plan of action for successful persistence of all students who have not me Satisfactory Academic Progress (S.A.P.).
- Track persistence of students semester to semester.
- Work collaboratively with Registrar to obtain list of potential graduates at the beginning of each semester.
- Ensure Success Coaches meet with potential graduates to stay on track for graduation.
- Demonstrate ability to work cohesively as a team by collaborating with Director of Career Services, ADA Coordinator, Student Activities Coordinator, faculty, and staff to ensure success of students.
- Monitor the work of students' success through close tracking of student progress on their pathway by using CANVAS as a source to search daily progress of students.
- Create and review student survey data and implement recommended areas for improvement.
- Promote a culture of inquiry that utilizes data to inform decisions and instill continuous improvement philosophy that focuses on student success.
- Collaborate with Coordinator of Student Activities in selecting a diverse group of students to lead chapel each week.
- Supervise Success Coaches by ensuring the use of academic success strategies that will increase student performance.
- Assign caseloads evenly amongst the department.
- Provide detailed weekly report of students' progress to Associate Dean of Student Services.
- Ensures the Office of Student Success develops and maintains awareness of all major components of campus life, including curricula, campus calendars, student services, facilities, and operations to assist students as their primary contact person at the College.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with students and alumni that lead to the realization of experiential business events; internships and life-long employment.
- Establish and foster relationships with external professional, community, and economic
development organizations that allow students and alumni to develop and hone their respective business networking, presentation, and thought-leadership skills.
- With the Director of Career and Placement Services, identify business advisory partnerships to provide business skill training, internships, externships, and long-term employment.
- Be available as a resource for Marketing and Communications to share student stories.
- Proactively identify, with the Academic Department, at-risk students and implement effective mentoring, strategic planning for overall student success.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a Master's Degree is preferred
- 5 years of work experience in customer experience, human resources, career services, or a related field; prior experience in a higher education student services setting preferred but not necessary 2 years of experience in a leadership role preferably leading professional personnel.
- Ability to use software and technology to communicate, and present and report data
- Knowledge of current employment and recruiting trends
- Ability to develop partnerships within a higher education setting and throughout the community
- Experience with event planning/coordination
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work with a highly diverse staff and student body
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work nontraditional hours, as necessary, to attend off-campus events.
Must have effective communication skills with a proven ability to foster collaborative efforts within a diverse community. Able to use technology to communicate, manage and analyze data.
Ability to effectively present information and address questions from a campus community.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work in an office environment. Flexible/Adaptable to constant change.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants may submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or Mail to: 604 Locust Street, North Little Rock AR, 72114.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency