Director of Restorative Justice
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 5518
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Posting End Date
>Applications for this position will be accepted through midnight CST on 12/09/2020. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close to applications once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
>$54,486-$79,058/Annualized; beginning salary flexible based on experience
Hours per Week
>40 hours per week.
Required Application Materials
>Required: Resume and Cover Letter
Purpose of Position
Responsible for support the effective and systematic implementation of Restorative Justice Practices within the campus community, collaborating with school administrators, students and community stakeholders. Demonstrate the ability to work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of diverse urban populations and support the University's commitment to thrive as a Hispanic Serving Institution and model for student success.
Design, develop, implement and evaluate restorative justice practices approaches that support positive campus climate implementation and foster an Integrated Multi-Tiered System of Support approach. Collaborate with various departments to enhance the sphere of success for all faculty, staff and students.
- Promote and strengthen positive campus climate and enhance pro-social relationships within the UTSA community.
- Support professional development opportunities that build inclusive practices toward an RJ framework.
- Plan, develop, support and evaluate the Restorative Justice (RJ) framework, working in partnership with other departments to design the best integration of RJ practices across the university.
- Emphasize prevention and early intervention to create safe learning environments.
- Provide professional development, training, coaching and support systems on RJ practices.
- Coordinate the work of a Restorative Justice Steering Committee to collaborate and develop strategic goals and transfer knowledge in restorative justice.
- Provide support to university administrators that enhance their understanding of RJ practices can help build relationships and raise awareness of others.
- Partner with student support teams and other departments to review student data and create successful RJ implementation plans aligned to students' and university needs.
- Provide reports and ongoing data updates on the implementation of RJ on a university-wide level in collaboration with departments as needed to sustain and elevate RJ framework.
- Facilitate discussions, mediations and community building/strengthening circles.
- Assist staff and faculty in facilitating community-building circles by providing training and ongoing support.
- Coordinate peer-led programming including mediation and/or circle keeping.
- Collaborate with teachers, university mental health professionals and other staff to engage students in community building and the restorative process.
- Use data to assess and improve programming and outcomes for students.
- Plan social justice awareness and community-building events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Make presentations as required.
- Serve on various committees.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Master's degree from an accredited institution
>UTSA is a tobacco-free campus
>This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check
>Applicants selected for interview must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of employment
>As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. The UTSA campus is accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/UTZ_CG/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=5518&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency