This ad is expired.
Director of Academic & Student Services (UCDC)
UC OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
At the University of California (UC), your contributions make a difference. A world leader producing Nobel and Pulitzer prize recipients with over 150 years of groundbreaking research transforming the world. Choose a career where you can leverage your knowledge, skills and aspirations to inspire and support some of the greatest minds in the world, and those who will follow in their footsteps. Working at the University of California is being part of a unique institution, and a vibrant and diverse community. At the University of California, Office of the President, we propel our mission through impactful work locally, in government centers and systemwide. We are passionate people, serving the greater good.
The University of California, one of the largest and most acclaimed institutions of higher learning in the world, is dedicated to excellence in teaching, research and public service. The University of California Office of the President is the headquarters to the 10 campuses, six academic medical centers and three national laboratories and enrolls premier students from California, the nation and the world. Learn more about the UC Office of the President
The UC Washington Program (UCDC) is a multi-campus academic program that provides a transformative experience for University of California students in the nation's capital through experiential learning opportunities. Open to undergraduate University of California students from any major, the UCDC academic program promotes a learning environment where participants can integrate coursework, field research, and professional experience during their residence in the nation's capital. The program emphasizes experiential learning and provides a real-world platform through internships, allowing students to garner practical experience in their respective fields of study. Residing in Washington D.C., participants have the unique opportunity to immerse themselves in the city's rich cultural, political, and international heritage, which significantly complements their academic and professional endeavors. The UC Washington Center, located on Scott Circle in Downtown Washington, further embeds participants in the heart of the political landscape, presenting a myriad of networking and learning opportunities that substantially broaden their horizons. Through the UCDC program, participants enjoy a comprehensive and enriching experience that marries academic, professional, and cultural learning in a dynamic and influential setting.
The Director of Academic & Student Services at UCDC is a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth administration, management, and coordination of the wide-ranging activities associated with the Center's recruitment as well as academic and residential programs. A substantial part of the role involves directing and overseeing the Academic Services, Campus and External Relations, Internship, and Student Services teams, thereby creating a synergistic environment that propels the program toward its objectives. The role supervises four direct reports and 10 total team members, and hires and supports the teaching faculty. The Director is expected to enhance collaboration and communication across student-facing units, thus creating a cohesive and conducive study away experience. A key responsibility entails managing UCDC's experiential learning curriculum, including hiring lecturers, ensuring academic standards, and assisting with academic integration, thereby enriching the academic fabric of UCDC. Furthermore, the Director provides guidance to and oversight of the internship team and cultivation of relationships with internship providers, ensuring that students gain valuable real-world experience. The Director also provides strategic guidance to the Campus and External Relations team. Through these multifaceted responsibilities, the Director is an instrumental leader in steering UCDC towards achieving its mission.
· Direct strategic planning for academic, recruitment, outreach, internship, and student success and engagement programs
· Assess needs and evaluate success of academic, recruitment, outreach, internship, and student success and engagement programs
· Initiate and support the development of strong campus and community partnerships and collaborations
· Ensure a high-quality experiential, residential, and educational learning experience
· Integrate Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) within the program
Faculty and Course Management:
· Recruit, hire, onboard, and evaluate adjunct and full-time course instructors
· Develop, promote, and implement course offerings
· Manage curricular offerings and ensure course credits transfer back to students' home campuses
· Cultivate faculty development and engagement
· Address any challenges with students including issues related to plagiarism, classroom management and the student code of conduct
The Director supervises the following positions and oversees the strategic direction of their associated units.
· Administrator of Academic Services: This position is in the Academic Services unit and is primarily responsible for managing enrollment, credit transfers, class scheduling, faculty support, and UCDC Prep (admitted students onboarding program).
· Campus & External Relations Manager: This position's primary responsibilities directly support student recruitment, program communications, campus and alumni relations, and the establishment of internship partnerships. This manager supervises the Social Media Coordinator.
· Internship Manager: This position manages the Academic Internship Team. Primary responsibilities include oversight of the internship placement process, the development and maintenance of systems that support and facilitate the placement process, and maintaining positive relationships with internship providers. The Internship Manager supervises two Internship Advisors.
· Student Services Manager: This position manages UCDC's residential and student life initiatives. Primary responsibilities include traditional housing services, development of student engagement and community building initiatives, crisis response, and risk management. The Student Services Manager supervises one Assistant Director and two Coordinators of Student Development and serves as UCDC's Title IX liaison.
Resource and Budget Management:
· Analyze resources needed to fulfill academic, communications, internship, recruitment, and student success needs, including the development of cost-benefit analyses and long-term forecasts
· Monitor expenditures compared to budgets and take corrective action to assure budgetary integrity
· PhD or EdD in one of the following areas: social sciences, public policy, education, ethnic studies, humanities, international relations, or related field
· Professional experience in a higher education setting
· Experience successfully supervising staff in pursuit of common goals
· Experience building and sustaining collaborative teams
· Ability to lead in a fast-paced environment with multiple, often-competing priorities
· Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging and experience integrating such commitments into the workplace and classroom.
· Experience with residential student programs and dealing with student welfare issues
· Experience designing and/or managing curricular programs
· Knowledge of pedagogies that optimize experiential learning
· Experience with education beyond the classroom
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary: A reasonable estimate for this position is $170k - $220k.
The University of California, Office of the President, is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. It is not typical for an individual to be offered a salary at or near the top of the range for a position. Salary offers are determined based on final candidate qualifications and experience. The full salary range shows the growth potential for this position and the pay scale is the budgeted salary or hourly range that the University reasonably expects to pay for this position.
Benefits: For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:Benefits of Belonging
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are asked to submit a Resume/CV, cover letter, a statement of contributions to diversity, equity and inclusion, and a list of three persons who can speak to their qualifications. Questions about the position should be directed to Ehsan Choudhry (Ehsan.Choudhry@ucop.edu). For full consideration, application materials should be submitted no later than January 28, 2024.
APPLICATION REVIEW DATE
The first review date for this job is January 28, 2024. The position will be open until filled.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Background Check Process: Successful completion of a background check is required for this critical position.Background check process at UCOP
Smoke Free Work Environment: The University of California, Office of the President, is smoke &tobacco-free as of January 1, 2014.UC Smoke & Tobacco Free Policy
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California Policy on Vaccination Programs, as may be amended or revised from time to time. Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
The University of California, Office of the President, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. EEO/AA Employer UC Nondiscrimination Policy
The University of California, Office of the President, strives to make this job board accessible to any and all users. If you have comments regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at:Accessibility or email the Human Resource Department at:firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, visit: https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucop/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_SCHJOB&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=19
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency