Coordinator for Residential Operations - Georgetown University
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
We are seeking a Coordinator for Residential Operations, who will manage regular inspections of over 5,400 residential bed spaces, inventory maintenance for all moveable residential furniture and equipment, logistical support for residential furniture and equipment deliveries, and administration of critical processes including electronic Room Condition Reports (RCRs), move-in/out inspections, damage billing, and health & safety inspections. The Coordinator for Residential Operations also assists in the recruitment, selection, training, and evaluation of student staff.
- The ability to connect and effectively communicate with critical team members assures that Residential Services team members are aware of any potential issues within the residential buildings. This also allows the incumbent to help manage potential issues in a timely manner, assuring any campus community members are informed appropriately.
- Liaises with multiple University departments most notably University Facilities Management.
- Work with this department to assure that known deficiencies are identified and corrected in a timely manner. A good working relationship with this department assures that issues are resolved and all involved parties are informed of progress throughout the resolution process.
This position reports directly to the Director of Housing Operations. Collaborates with professional & student staff within all residential buildings including but not limited to Resident Assistants, Community Directors, custodians, and maintenance staff.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- One to two years project manager/operations administrative experience is required, with a strong preference in university housing.
- Must be computer literate with specific knowledge of and experience with word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Familiarity with StarRez housing software is desired.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License. Must carry a University-provided cell phone during working hours.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, strong customer service orientation, organizational, analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision and contribute as a member of a diverse, innovative team.
- Other required skills include strong interpersonal and managerial skills, crisis management, and the ability to work with a diverse campus community.
- Commitment to the ideals of community and the integration of academic, Jesuit values is important.
From May to August, the work week will include one weekend day on a schedule of Tuesday - Saturday or Sunday - Thursday. Must be able to work the month of August (training and residential building opening) and be willing to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2497385&targetURL=mailto:email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2497385&targetURL=https://benefits.georgetown.edu/">https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2497385
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency