This ad is expired.
Assistant Director of Resident Engagement
The University of Southern Indiana Seeks applications for an Assistant Director of Resident Engagement.
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Housing and Residence Life, the Assistant Director of Resident Engagement is responsible for the development and administration of an innovative and creative programming model charged with moving the institution forward in community building of the residential students and improvement of retention to the institution. This position is responsible for the planning, organization, coordination, implementation, and oversight of all aspects of the programmatic efforts. Working in a team approach, this position collaborates with faculty, staff, and students institution-wide to create meaningful experiences that engage and connect residential students with the University.
- Manage an innovative program that meets the needs and interests of residential students.
- Work closely with student resident assistants, graduate assistants, and Student Housing Association (SHA) leaders to shape and modify efforts in order to effectively connect residential students to their communities.
- Responsible for departmental programming initiatives.
- Directly supervise one graduate assistant for community development. Supervise two student programming assistants. Indirect supervision relationship with area coordinator and graduate assistant staff.
- Evaluate and assess to ensure program objectives are met. Maintain accurate records by tracking number, type, and outcomes of programs.
- Supervise student staff who work with camps, conferences, and summer housing.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Master's degree required; Student Personnel, Higher Education Administration or related field preferred.
- Three years related experience required. One to three years full-time post masters experience preferred. Previous hall director or student activities programming experience preferred. Previous supervision of student staff strongly preferred.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently as well as be an effective team member.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student, faculty, staff, parent, and visitor population.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, written and oral presentation skills.
- Refined presentation skills, in both large and small groups.
- Presentation of a consistently professional demeanor at all times, even in difficult or frustrating situations.
- Basic knowledge of marketing, advertising, and graphic design.
To apply, please follow the directions on our www.usi.edu/jobs page to log in or set up an account. When completing the application, you will be given the opportunity to attach the additional documents required for this position which include (1) a letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position; (2) resume; (3) names and full contact information including e-mail addresses for four to five references, which may include administrators, faculty, students, and community leaders; and (4) unofficial transcripts. Materials should be provided electronically within this web-based applicant system and to the attention of Ms. Nicole Williams, Search Committee Chair. Official transcripts will be required of finalists. Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, the University of Southern Indiana considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy or marital status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other category protected by law or identified by the University as a protected class.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency