This ad is expired.
Assistant Director, Student Activities Programming
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Student Life/Student Activities
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
TAMU-CC is a dynamic university designated as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and Minority-Serving Institution (MSI) with approximately 11,000 students from 47 states and 54 foreign nations. We employ over 1,400 full-time and 2,000 part-time Islanders (including students/GAs). The University attracts highly talented faculty and staff and offers an array of undergraduate and graduate degrees, including doctoral programs. As a member of the Texas A&M University System, TAMU-CC benefits from a range of resources, increased visibility and influence, and opportunities to collaborate in mutually beneficial ways with peers across member institutions and associated agencies.
TAMU-CC's beautiful campus is located on a 240-acre island on Corpus Christi Bay and was ranked #1 College by the Sea by Best College Reviews. Our natural setting is enhanced by its modern, attractive, and state-of-the-art classroom buildings and support facilities.
From our generous benefits package and professional development opportunities, to our retirement programs and our commitment to service excellence, the Island University is an engaging and rewarding place to work.
Learn more information here!
This position is responsible for overseeing the campus activities program board, coordinating university-wide and departmental special events including Welcome Weeks, projects/initiatives such concerts and events for students to engage in with the local community, and planning events to increase Athletic Engagement. Responsible for supervising both full time and student staff and ensuring that programs engage the campus and university community, and are planned, marketed, implemented, and assessed in accordance with university policy, with an emphasis on Risk Management.
Day in the LIfe
The Student Activities department is made up of 8 full time staff and approximately 25 student employees. The Assistant Director for Programming leads one of the three pillars that make up the Student Activities team. This is an excellent opportunity to learn management skills while engaging in the day-to-day direct advising of students. This position supervises the Activity Coordinator for Marketing & Athletics Liaison and a Graduate Assistant. The Assistant Director will help guide overall marketing for all Student Activities events and support the Activity Coordinator in building and promoting campus spirit events around Athletics. As the advisor for the Campus Activities Board (CAB) the Assistant Director will hold one-on-one meetings with the student leadership team and conduct leadership board meetings and general membership meetings. CAB coordinates both large-scale events like casino nights, talent shows and performers and smaller events like Bingo nights and giveaways.
As the Committee Chair for Waves of Welcome each Fall this position is responsible for the creation of a campus wide calendar of more than 50 unique events while also coordinating several events that introduce our new Islanders to campus. As a part of the Division of Student Engagement And Success this position will take a leading role on large projects such as organizing a major Spring Concert and Box Office concept. Our team is looking for a motivated and energetic team member who is ready to step into a leadership role, coordinate and participate in a range of Islander events.
How you will contribute:
- Oversee programmatic areas including campus activities, marketing, special projects/initiatives, and collaboration with Athletics department including the student spirit section, ensuring continued growth and successful events.
- Oversee university wide special events such as a concert series, events/programs involving athletics, and campus & community engagement. This will also include serving as chairperson for the Waves of Welcome committee.
- Oversee the department's marketing & social media program.
- Hire, schedule, train, supervise, and evaluate employees typically including but not limited to the Activity Coordinator for Athletics and Marketing, graduate assistants, and student employees.
- Assist the Student Activities department management in the development of departmental budgets, goals, policies, contract administration and assessment of programs.
- Serve as leadership in the absence of the Director/Associate Director.
- Write, evaluate, implement, and support policies and procedures. Administer risk management for areas under supervision.
- Serve on university councils and committees and assist with special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Six (6) years' experience in student affairs environment.
- Additional education may be used as a substitute for the minimum experience requirement:
- Masters degree and four years related experience\
- Supervisory experience
- Experience in the administration of budgets, contracts, and program development.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to be able to relate to students and to work in collaboration with various representatives from university departments and the community, multitask
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), and other computer programs.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings including Student Activities and Athletic events.
- Degree in Higher Education, Student Affairs, or related field.
- Experience in a student union and/or student activities environment including programming, advising student groups, and student development theory.
- Knowledge of marketing, basic graphic design, and social media techniques.
- Knowledge of developing marketing strategies.
- Experience coordinating large scale events.
- $4,000 - $4,333.34 monthly ($48,000 -$52,000 annually)
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TX/Assistant-Director--Student-Activities-Programming_R-061674
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency