The Assistant Director is involved in the daily student affairs administration and co-curricular advising for students across all MBA and MS programs. Assisting the Director of Graduate Student Affairs, the Assistant Director will be responsible for expanding and developing programs and resources key to the student life experience of Babson Graduate Students. The Assistant Director will also serve as a liaison for issues including, but not limited to, sponsorship and navigating available Babson resources for student, faculty, and staff stakeholders of student-lead, co-curricular activities.
• Provide support and training for the faculty and staff advisors of Graduate Student Organizations. Liaise with other campus offices working with Graduate Student Organizations and student lead initiatives to insure that students are using college resources most effectively.
• Develop effective student leader trainings for Graduate Student Organizations and leaders of college wide forums and events. Develop and implements a delivery model for leadership training that can be easily disseminated to and referenced by student leaders throughout the year.
• Provide guidance to the Graduate Student Council and 40+ Graduate Student Organizations as they produce programs and events. Work with the Director and Graduate Student Council to develop assessment plan/system for all club events.
• Act as advisor to the Babson Partners Program. Develop and implement a plan to expand the Partners Program into a sustainable and robust program with the goal of fully integrating the partners and families of Babson Graduate Students into the community.
• Manage the student organization relationship management system and educate graduate school staff in best practices of using the system. Work with system management to request enhancements as necessary.
• Work with CITG and media services to provide optimal opportunities for our remote and residential student population to be engaged in the community experience, i.e. coordinating/administrating podcast events, partnering with club leaders, etc.
• Work with the Director to design and implement the co-curricular events and opportunities offered by the Graduate School (i.e. networking opportunities, educational events, social events etc.). Partner with Graduate Marketing to communicate student programming effectively.
• Work with the College student affairs division to maximize the efforts of the Undergraduate and Graduate Student Affairs staff and find opportunities for collaboration. Serve as a secondary liaison to critical student life offices across campus, including but not limited to Student Affairs, Campus Life & Housing, Disability Services, Public Safety, and Academic Services.
• Partner with Graduate Admissions to deliver presentations and attend events for prospective students.
• Serve as representative to various committees that concern student life at the graduate school, as required.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required:
M.A. in Higher Education, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• At least 4-6 years of experience in higher education.
• Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Creative thinking and a willingness to explore new approaches to familiar tasks.
• Strong communication skills are essential; must be able to communicate with people of diverse backgrounds from the general public, all levels of college, and the business community.
• Ability to handle multiple projects with frequent deadlines in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
• Flexibility and willingness to assume new tasks and special projects.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
Interested candidates should apply via our website https://babson.peopleadmin.com
Babson College is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to enhancing diversity across all levels of the College. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency