The University of Southern Indiana invites applications for a 3-year contract Area Coordinator position. The Area Coordinator position is a full-time professional administrative position that coordinates and supervises apartments (housing 350-600 students) or a residence hall complex (housing 350-500 students) as a member of the Housing and Residence Life team. The Area Coordinator is a live-in position within the department and reports to the Associate Director of Housing and Residence Life.
- Train, supervise and evaluate Resident Assistants
- Lead and participate in staff committees overseeing recruitment/selection, training, development, recognition, and assessment.
- Coordinate area-wide community development efforts
- Assist in administration of housing-wide student conduct and care
- Serve in 24-hour on-call rotation for campus emergencies
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree strongly preferred.
- Two years of related experience required.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, writing, and time management skills required.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as effectively as a team member.
- Experience with personal computers, knowledge of database, word processing, and spreadsheet programs.
- Strong customer service skills, written, and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality required.
- Must possess a high level of integrity.
- Must be able to work with a diverse student population.
- Must have a vehicle and a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to live on campus.
This is a full-time live-in position with a 3-year contract. Benefits include a fully furnished on campus apartment, benefits package, and a partial meal plan. The contract is from hire date – June 30, 2024. There is an option for a one-year contract extension depending on the operational needs of the University at the time and employee's performance.
To apply, please follow the directions on our www.usi.edu/jobs page to log in or set up an account. When completing the application, you will be given the opportunity to attach the additional documents required for this position which includes letter of application; current curriculum vitae; names and full contact information including e-mail addresses for three professional references; and unofficial transcripts of highest degree earned. Materials should be provided electronically within this web-based applicant system and to the attention of Ms. Amy Price, Search Committee Chair. Candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide official transcripts at a later stage.
The annual salary is $35,568.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, the University of Southern Indiana considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy or marital status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other category protected by law or identified by the University as a protected class.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency