Student Life Impact Statement: Helping students make meaning of their Babson experience. We do this by:
Developing the whole person and reflecting a process of "discovery"
Building resiliency and ability to overcome difficulty or shortcoming
Emphasizing diversity, inclusion, belonging and global perspective
Fostering good judgement and decision-making
Designing a fun and transformative experience
Our team values respect, collaboration, transparency, and hard-work. We recognize that we rely on trusting relationships to solve complex problems and achieve the greatest outcomes. We prioritize not only the growth and development of our student community, but also of our team members. We strive to create an inclusive environment where individuals can be their complete and authentic selves. We support each other in defining and accomplishing personal work/life balance. We infuse fun into our work whenever and wherever possible.
- Provide leadership, direction, and professional development to Coordinator, Clubs & Organizations and to the Graduate Assistant(s) on the Student Engagement team including recruitment, hiring, feedback and evaluation, and off-boarding.
- Serve as the primary advisor to the Campus Activities Board which includes supporting students in the development of social experiences for students that promote campus pride, tradition, and affinity; and provide oversight of event logistics, including but not limited to: contract review, fiscal responsibility, student safety, and risk management.
- Serve as liaison to the Athletics Department partnering with students and Athletics' staff in order to develop collaborative programming around athletic events and programs that promote College pride, tradition, and affinity as a student engagement strategy.
- Advise and manage the Senior Class Committee to provide a commemorative experience for graduating seniors providing oversight of logistics, including but not limited to: contract review, fundraising, fiscal responsibility, student safety, and risk management.
- Manage the College mascot (Biz E. Beaver) program; responsible for recruitment, training, and supervision of student cohort; oversee event request process and mascot promotion, including social media presence.
- Maintain collaborative partnerships with campus colleagues in areas, including but not limited to Residence Education, Graduate Student Affairs, Facilities, Public Safety, Wellness, and Events Management Office when organizing campus-wide events. Responsibilities include creating trainings, sharing events, delivering content, and/or inviting partners to attend or staff events.
- Manage and maintain the design and brand of Student Engagement website and social media presence within the College Marketing guidelines (e.g., create marketing material for senior week ticket sales or advertising a leadership seminar); direct training and marketing initiatives using various multimedia platforms such as Brainshark, Flicker, and Qualtrics.
- Serve as an investigator for club/organization policy violations as needed, including gathering initial information regarding the incident and working with Community Standards and hearing officers through the adjudication process.
- Develop and coordinate theme week programming with Student Engagement team that prioritizes college-wide pride, tradition, and affinity. Events include but are not limited to Back-to-Babson Spirit Week and New Student Welcome Weeks.
- Assist with the implementation of departmental programming during new student orientation.
- Coordinate the advertising and selection process for hiring departmental graduate assistants.
- Assist with the budget management of the department through budget projections and quarterly reports.
- Advise and counsel students on personal, academic, and community matters; make referrals as needed.
- Conduct regular assessment of programs and initiatives throughout Student Engagement portfolio to inform strategy and ensure prioritization of student learning and development and overall student success.
- Serve on divisional and campus wide committees.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.
Coordinator, Student Engagement, Clubs & Organizations
Minimum Level of Education Required Master's Degree
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- At least 6-8 years of relevant experience including 3-5 years of experience in student activities.
- Must have knowledge of program development, management, student development theory, and student group advisement.
- Must have previous supervisory experience.
- Must have knowledge of college policies, disciplinary processes and legal issues in higher education.
- Must have previous budget management experience.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with a diverse student body, faculty, staff, and other constituencies.
- Must have exceptional collaboration skills and the ability to be effective engaging with all levels within the college.
- Creates an environment where direct reports have the freedom and security to take initiative; deals with complexities with resilience, resourcefulness, and optimism; and appreciates open mindedness, creativity, and agility in thought and tactics.
- Embraces ideas and changes created by all community members.
- Works independently to solve problems; looks for opportunities to take on responsibility; takes thoughtful risks; and effectively acts on new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Anticipates and effectively handles change; demonstrates willingness to try new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
- Must have strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Ability to establish and support collaborative relationships with faculty, administration, staff, families, and alumni. Strong collaborative relationships with campus partners.
- Babson College requires all Babson faculty and staff members authorized to work on our campuses or any other property owned or controlled by the College to verify that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19. We have extended our vaccination policy to require a COVID-19 booster shot for all eligible community members as well. Faculty and staff must provide booster vaccination information upon hire or within 21 days of becoming eligible for a booster (unless granted a medical accommodation or religious exemption). Requests for medical accommodation or religious exemption should be addressed directly to Human Resources
- Requires regular night and weekend programming
- Option for flexible schedule
Additional Experience, Skills & Abilities:
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/qqJX71f48gpkxUor6hx1OZ
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency