Residence Life Coordinator
The Residence Life Office at Greater Allegheny is looking for a dynamic and energetic individual to join the team. Penn State and Residence Life is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. The Residence Life Office is committed to the development of a safe and inclusive living-learning community that fosters academic, social, cultural, and personal growth. We strive to enable residents to develop respect and responsibility for themselves and their community.
The Coordinator at Penn State Greater Allegheny, located in McKeesport, PA is a vital part of the team in helping to continue the vision and mission of the department. They are responsible to an Associate Director for supervising a staff of up to 4 Resident Assistants, as well as overseeing the daily activities of buildings housing up to 200 students. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervises Resident Assistants
- Conducts regular individual and group supervision meetings
- Evaluates Resident Assistant performance
- Provides support and training for Resident Assistants
Student Development and Residence Education:
- Assists with the planning, implementation, and evaluation of a residential curriculum for the area
- Assists with the development and implementation of campus-wide initiatives
- Advises student groups in the area
- Makes referrals to University agencies when appropriate
- Encourages student involvement in residential and University engagement opportunities
- Promotes area government
- Advocates for students by communicating their concerns and issues to the appropriate agency
- Advises individual students with academic, career, and personal concerns
- Interprets and enforces University and residence hall policies and procedures
- Mediates conflicts between and among students.
- Assists with the daily operation and organization of the area and the area office
- Handles requests for room changes and contract releases
- Assists in promoting the safety and security of area residents
- Assists in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with Housing and Food Services, Safety and Security, New Student Programs, etc.
- Provides on-call duty coverage
- Demonstrates a commitment to students and the quality of their life in the residence hall environment
- Encourages Resident Assistants to become well-acquainted with students in the area
- Assists the Resident Assistants in developing and promoting a positive living environment
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity and social justice issues
- Plans and implements curriculum in conjunction with Resident Assistants and students
- Demonstrates a commitment to staff and student retention and recruitment efforts, particularly as they impact members of underrepresented groups
- Participates in committees and task force groups
- Assists in the recruitment and training of professional staff
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals for the area and the residence hall system
- Performs other duties as assigned
Typically requires a Master's degree. A Master's degree or higher in Student Personnel/Counseling or related area is preferred. Should possess thorough understanding of the role and purpose of residence hall living as it applies to student development. This is a live-in 83.3 % full-time equivalence (FTE) job with mid-May to mid-July off. Full Penn State benefits included.
This position requires the following clearances: PA State Police Criminal Background Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, and Federal (FBI) Fingerprint Criminal Background Check.
This position requires that you operate a motor vehicle as a part of your job duties. A valid driver's license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required in addition to standard background checks.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/Penn-State-Greater-Allegheny/Residence-Life-Coordinator_REQ_0000025075-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency