Director of the COLFA Center for Student Excellence
Job ID: 5482
Posting End Date
This posting will remain open until filled. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Commensurate with experience
Hours per Week
40 hours weekly with possible evening and weekend hours being required.
Required Application Materials
Required: Resume and Cover Letter, and three references with contact information on your application and/or uploading along with your resume as one PDF file.
Purpose of Position
-As the director of this center responsibilities will include development and expansion of employer- related internships, co-ops, and liberal and finc arts career preparatory programming; coordinating academic support programs, study abroad, and experiential learning opportunities; advancing high-impact learning opportunities for students; working with the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies to develop the live-learn experience with the Honors College; aggressively advocate for developing rich programming in the liberal and fine arts; and comprehensive and timely reporting of all data and activities. This position is a full-time, regular appointment. Travel will be required as related to industry and academic partnerships with occasional weekend/evening work as required for the position.
- Employer Outreach:
1. Assist faculty with developing high-impact learning opportunities, curricular and non-curricular, for students.
2. Create systems to advise students about relevant opportunities for intellectual, personal, and professional development.
3. Train staff on developing student opportunities and encouraging active student participation.
4. Work closely with the College and Honors College to build an active live/learn community for students seeking liberal arts enrichment.
5. Work closely with the College and other student success centers on joint/collaborative endeavors that assist in student development
6. Promote the UTSA CSE with industry and academic partnerships.
7. Identify companies and organizations that match the prospective employers of COLFA students and build long-term relationships for recruitment purposes.
8. Improve and leverage existing partnerships with organizations already affiliated with UTSA.
- 9. Collaborate with existing UTSA career development resources.
10. Oversee the creation and maintenance of reporting records for company representatives, tracking and evaluation of outreach efforts.
11. Oversee the creation and maintenance of reporting records of student employment in internships, co-ops, and post-education, as well as assessment of internship and co-op experiences.
12. Provide timely reporting of industry trends, changes and employment forecasts.
- Student Advising:
13. Coordinate skills-enhancing sessions and workshops for COLFA students.
14. Create a student mentoring network of alumni and industry representatives for career counseling.
15. Build a framework for direct COLFA advising services and create an early alert system to identify students in academic and/or financial difficulty.
16. Coordinate student tutoring resources, student societies and advisement within COLFA.
- COLFA Programs:
17. Coordinate and track COLFA student research and international experiences.
18. Coordinate and track COLFA student activities with UTSA events.
19. Lead in the development of all COLFA programs and activities.
20. Manage and direct staff and student assistants.
21. Write and support educational grants.
22. Manage Scholarships.
23. Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university.
- Four years of increasingly responsible work in education, outreach and student development within a college or university setting to include two years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Criminal Background Check (CBC)
- Knowledge of personal computers, Microsoft Office, and standard office equipment.
- Significant experience with student development and/or high-impact learning (e.g., study abroad, service learning, internships, student research) in a university setting.
Uses standard office equipment
-UTSA is a tobacco-free campus.
-This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
-Applicants who are selected for interviews must be able to show proof that they are eligible and qualified to work in the United States by time of hire.
-At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may be closed once a sufficient number of qualified applications has been received.
-UTSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. The UTSA campus is accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=5482&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency