Director of Student Life
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Located at the Doha campus, the Director of Student Life at Georgetown University in Qatar (GU-Q) oversees the creation, development and maintenance of a rich, purposeful, diverse, and inclusive co-curricular life. This includes directing the Student Life staff in establishing a robust and supportive environment for career development, co-curricular programming, student clubs and organizations, diversity and inclusivity initiatives, athletics, skills development, programs for high school students, as well as new initiatives.
- Maintain a diverse, vibrant, and enriching student experience at GU-Q; develop and maintain programs addressing diversity and inclusivity;
- Oversee the delivery and evolution of a professional development model aimed at increasing employer awareness of GU-Q students and honing the students' job-searching skills;
- Oversee the development of students' leadership and organizational skills through various co-curricular programs, initiatives and professional development;
- Oversee the development and implementation of internships for GU-Q students, both credit-bearing and non-credit-bearing;
- Oversee the creation and implementation of a thoughtful education enrichment and outreach programs to K-12 students in Qatar closely involving current students and the Office of Admissions;
- Direct the annual Model United Nations program;
- Oversee student travel policy and collaborate on co-curricular programs involving travel, including key programs such as Community Engagement and Zones of Conflict, Zones of Peace;
- Manage support of the study abroad program in both directions (incoming and outgoing), and design a value-added component to the study abroad experience;
- Be the primary liaison between relevant Qatar Foundation entities and partner universities for the purposes of student housing, immigration, and the cultivation of impactful partnerships that will help forge an Education City wide identity in the students;
- Ensure that policies on housing, immigration and financial aid are communicated clearly to GU-Q students, and work to align those policies to Georgetown's ethos;
- Work with colleagues at Qatar Foundation and other GU-Q departments to provide support for international students;
- Manage a team of 4 full-time employees and ensure the smooth running of the office;
- Monitor and evaluate record keeping and database systems to ensure efficiency, accuracy, security, as well as adherence to immigration regulations, and emergency response protocols;
- Ensure oversight of the Student Government and related committees; Manage and implement the Student Code of Conduct;
- Work with the DC campus counterparts on joint programs, and to align compliance with policies related to students;
- Hold budgetary authority over student-related programs and activities;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in higher education administration or related field, with a strong preference for a doctorate degree;
- At least 5 years of experience working with students in a university setting, preferably in management roles. Experience should include educational programming, management of student organizations, and leadership roles in educational and/or service trips;
- Experience administering and managing projects, budgets and people;
- Knowledge of student populations and programs;
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility; excellent management and organizational skills are a must;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe, Zoom, Google Teams, Photoshop and/or InDesign are helpful but not essential;
- International experience is a plus;
- Familiarity with GU-Q curriculum and/or international affairs is a plus.
GU-Q offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. To learn more about the benefits offered to eligible employees, please visit our Benefits and Allowances webpage. For more information about what it is like to work and live in Doha, you may visit our Life in Qatar webpage.
The date of posting: February 8, 2021. The review of applications will begin on February 22, 2021 and candidates are encouraged to submit their applications before that date to ensure full consideration.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Qatar/Director-of-Student-Life_JR09816-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency