This ad is expired.
Coordinator for Summer Operations - Georgetown University
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
We are seeking a Coordinator for Summer Operations position with good planning, communication and interpersonal skills. The Coordinator will interact with conference groups and other Georgetown University departments including the Georgetown Event Management Services, Aramark Catering, School for Continuing Studies, Public Relations, Registrar's Office, Public Safety, and Student Affairs.
- Manages summer housing assignments for over 11,000 individuals transitioning in and out of the residential buildings during the months of May through August.
- Actively provides frequent communication and customer service to 90+ non for profit, educationally focused conference groups and their program contacts on a daily basis.
- Strategically coordinates all summer housing assignments for summer school students, interns, and conference groups.
- Oversees all financial transactions for summer guests and conference groups.
- Participates in recruitment, selection, work assignments, training, and evaluations of approximately 40-50 summer student staff members.
- Provides direct and indirect supervision to both temporary full time and student staff members throughout the summer, as well as student staff throughout the academic year. Collaborates with campus partners (i.e. housekeeping and facilities) ensuring the preparation of residential building space for campus projects and summer guests.
This position reports directly to the Director for Business Development and Summer & Conference Housing. During the summer months of May through August directly supervises 7-12 undergraduate students as Conference Leads and Summer Assistant Leads working 40 hours/week, as well as indirectly supervises over 40-50 undergraduate student Summer Assistants working 20 hours/week. During the academic year, directly supervise 2-4 undergraduate student Conference Leads.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- One to two years of sales or administrative experience is required, preferably in university housing, hotel sales or event planning.
- Must be computer literate with specific experience with word processing and spreadsheet software. Experience with desktop publishing.
- Must have good analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with StarRez housing software is desired.
- Must have customer service orientation and strong communication skills, as well as ability to function as a member of a diverse, collaborative team.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision, to prioritize and organize many tasks and be available to respond to customers during non-office hours, during specific periods.
- Commitment to the ideals of community and the integration of academic, Jesuit values, and the mission of student affairs is essential.
Work days will vary during the season: September - May: Monday-Friday; May-August: Sunday - Thursday. Incumbent works a flexible schedule from May through August, weekends and evenings included. Must be accessible via University cell phone after hours. Vacation to be taken during non-peak periods between mid-September and March.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2497360
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency